Thursday, August 16, 2012

Farewell, Year 32.


Precisely one year ago today I said Farewell to Year 31 {and Hello to Year 32}.

Parting is such sweet, sweet sorrow, but I'm OK saying goodbye because it was a filled-to-the-brim sort of 366 days.

{And because I'm eager to get started on Year 33...coming soon.}

I accomplished some of the things laid out on my Year 32 list and a lot of other things that weren't even on the list

I hate it when that happens.

Mostly so I have something to show my great-grandchildren, here are some of the events, experiences, and first-times that happened in my Year 32:

Bought a swim cap // Went road biking // Ran a mud run // Hosted a couples' shower // Climbed Mt. Pisgah // Jumped off the Holland State Park Pier // Kayaked, planked & wine tasted in Northern Michigan // Hosted a craft night // Canned peaches // Canned applesauce // Almost experienced a hurricane firsthand // Ran a 15K // Experienced Mat Kearney live //  Ran out of gas // Had my Christmas gifts wrapped and done by December 1 // Expelled a mouse family // Completed one year of our workout challenge // Acquired a breadmaker // Hosted a New Year's Eve party // Ran a wintery adventure race // Chose my one word for 2012: focus // Ran with the Mars Hill Running Club // Went indoor rock climbing // Upcycled something // Attempted a 10-day cleanse (made it 7) // Tried a spin class // Improved my 5K PR // Attended a Holy Yoga retreat // Walked for water // Completed a DIY leap list // Purged 40 bags in 40 days // Said hello! to my mornings // Ran a 25K // Took the girls on our first inaugural girls' weekend // Cleaned my way through the 31 Days to Clean Reboot // Celebrated 11 years of marriage // Enjoyed a sunset swim // Swam my first successful open water swim // Read through the Bible cover to cover // Took a photography class // Experienced #SheReadsTruth // Hosted an Olympics party // Experienced the Homestead with D & E // Attended an outdoor concert.
  
*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Time to keep on keepin' on. Year 33, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope this next year is full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! What a great chapter in your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and you had a great 32, can't wait to see what's in store for 33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! 33 is a great year! I'm just about to say farewell to mine :)

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...