Last week, we shared the first five spaces of Project Purge. This week, we're sharing the next five. Purge on, aspiring minimalists, and pay the excess forward!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
6. Baby Stuff // Bye bye, baby. Are you holding on to baby stuff just in case? Or saving that cute baby outfit for your future grandchild in 30 years? Do you keep tripping over your out-of-commission exersaucer? If the baby ship has sailed, let it slip into the sunset.
7. Books // That’s what libraries are for. Which books will you really re-read? Could you pass some favorites along to friends (and instead of asking of them back, ask them to pass them on)? Are there books in your home your kids have outgrown, rarely touch or have seen better days? Spread the love and lend your books new life.
8. Home Decor // Cleanse your decorating spirit. Does your lamp bring you life or could it light up someone else's world? Does your decor make you happy when you enter a room? How many pictures frames are you holding onto just in case? Open your hands (and the door) and let go: your home is much more than the decor you fill it with.
9. Kitchen // The pressures of Betty Crocker. Have you only made a quiche once in the last 9 years? Is that crystal glass pitcher even your style? Keep the items you reach for time and time again and cut out the rest of the kitchen clutter.
10. Pantry // From your pantry to theirs. Buy too many cans of beans at the last sale? Having trouble managing your boxes of mac & cheese? After you clean out the excess in your own kitchen pantry, take a trip to the grocery store, load up your cart, and drop it off at your local food pantry.
Time for an update! Let us know how it's going!