If you know me, you know that when I come across something new I like, I love to share it. Here's a list of some of my current favorites (subject to change...some will stick and some will end up just being passing KT fads).
- Favorite household product: Method laundry detergent. I can't really say enough about this detergent. I think it's the design of the bottle and how amazing small it is and the therapeutic feeling I get every time I get to squirt the pump that really gets me (it's also biodegradable, non-toxic and otherwise more "green" than your average detergent). I'm a Tide girl through and through but I think I have been converted. It's a little pricey (I got a 50 load bottle on sale for $11 at Target) but it's added a new joy to doing laundry that just might be worth the price.
- Favorite way to save money: buying diapers on Amazon.com. Since I have a new pricey laundry detergent habit, I've got to save money somewhere, right? Last week I ordered a gigantic box of size 4 Pampers which arrived on my doorstep two days later for less than $20. I think it worked out to about 11 cents a diaper which is pretty darn good. The exact details are a little foggy at this point but I think you just need to sign up for Amazon Mom (free and it gives you free 2-day shipping for a certain number of months) and also Subscribe and Save (also free and legitimate - you can cancel it after you place your order) and then look for a 20% off coupon in your Parents/Parenting magazine. I researched the whole process on-line before I did it and I promise it's easy and totally worth it if you have little ones still in diapers.
- Favorite workout: Pilates. At this point in our workout challenge, I honestly love all of my workouts almost the same (on an average week these include running, an aerobics/fitness class, a Jillian DVD, Pilates, yoga, and swimming), but I'm calling Pilates my favorite right now because I'm realizing what a great compliment it is to the other things I'm doing and I feel amazing when I'm done. My favorite DVD is a 10 Minute Solutions one - sometimes I just do two of the segments and combine it with another workout that day and sometimes I do the entire thing (50 minutes). If you've never tried pilates this is a good one to try!
- Favorite food: local fare. Just finished up an amazing weekend of eating at local restaurants. Hard to express the yumminess factor combined with the great atmosphere of these places. On top of all of that, my body seems to appreciate that I'm eating real food. (I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma right now and nothing will make you want to run, not walk, to your nearest grass-fed cow more than this book.) My three current favorite Grand Rapids joints: The Winchester, The Green Well, and Marie Catribs.
- Favorite TV show: Parenthood. Matt and I discovered this show earlier this season and we are hooked. We started near the beginning of Season 2, but we have the Season 1 DVD's all ready to go once the current season wraps up. Love the Braverman's and the way the family gathers together at the end of nearly every episode (despite the good and the bad, the ups and the downs).
- Favorite blog: IHeart Organizing. Happened upon this blog via Facebook and I've been a devoted reader ever since. I love her clean, pretty designs and I have found so much inspiration from her blog to organize and simply my own life. Added bonuses: she doesn't spend a lot of money and it's all very do-able.