Monday, June 25, 2012

#GlutenFree Goodness

If you know me, you know I don't love to be in the kitchen, i.e. don't hold your breath waiting for recipe posts from me.

BUT I have been experimenting a bit with some new recipes in an effort to support my boys (the big one & the little one) in their month-long (maybe longer...we'll see) gluten-free endeavor.

{Our family's GF experiment is due to various health/allergy/tummy related troubles...we're looking to see what sort of difference it makes to us and if that difference is worth the inconvenience/cost.}


My super sister-in-law sent this brownie recipe my way the other week. She has searched the world{wide web} for the best GF brownie recipe, and I do believe she found it!

I'm guessing she would have posted it herself on her blog, Hobbies of a Homemaker, if she wasn't so busy thrifting, upcycling, organically gardening, and chasing my adorable 2-year-old nephew around!

Imagine for a minute that your favorite, moistest chocolate cake ran away with the best brownies on the block. Say they fell in love and got married.

Now pretend they had a baked goods baby.

Moist, chocolate-y, deliciousness, minus the gluten, the gut-ache, and the guilt.

Drooling? Read on.


#GlutenFree Brownies

2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup maple syrup
1 T vanilla
+ chocolate chips sprinkled on top {optional}

Combine butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. 
Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in an 8x8 pan.
& ENJOY!

{+ Some More #GlutenFree Pin-spiration}
Disclaimer: these recipes work for us but if you are celiac or have a major allergy to wheat, you obviously have to be much more careful because of food processing contamination issues, etc. I do not claim to be an expert on GF!


Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Berry Muffins via Heavenly Homemakers



Scotcheroos (using GF Rice Krispies) via Kellog's

Feel free to leave a comment with your favorite gluten-free goodie!

8 comments:

  1. I love this GF brownie recipe! It looks delicious. We have been a 100% GF family for 3 years now and the benefits for everyone are numerous. We didn't stop at GF though and we are also trying very hard to be SF (sugar free) because sugar is also wreaking havoc with our health!
    Here is a great site if you want to learn more about GF and SF: http://simplysugarandglutenfree.com/
    She has tons of great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!! I'm a follower of your cute blog and I just wanted to invite you to join a huge OSCAR DE LA RENTA giveaway I’m having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/oscar-de-la-renta-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good!

    My baby has a major reaction to wheat - it gives her terrible eczema on her face and chubby little thighs. It's so sad. :( So she's been wheat free since about 7 months. I'm totally going to save this for after her first birthday when she can have nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog! I am a new follower. www.discoverytoysmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I'm a new follower! Look forward to reading more! If you like you come check out my blog! Have a great day! -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi from the gfc hop!

    visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking with "Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog I love this bag. Hope you link again this Wednesday.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...