Monday, September 17, 2007

a sentimental sort of day

We closed on our (current/no longer really ours) house today. I was doing good with the whole change thing (definitely NOT someone who loves change), but today I'm feeling a little sad and sentimental. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm tired and worn out from working on the new place, but it will be hard to say good bye to this house even though we have a great house to move to. This was our first house and we bought it when we had been married for just 8 months...we landscaped like crazy, finished our "denim blue" basement (our favorite room in the house), brought two kids home from the hospital, and then watched them take their first crawls/steps here. I basically spend most of my life trying to avoid hard, heart-wrenching changes like this, but it was going to happen sooner or later. We were outgrowing this house and then we found a house with everything we were looking for. I know the excitement will take over again soon, but for now I think I will just be sentimental...

(Oh, on a positive note, the people who are buying our house seem really nice and like just the sort who will take care of this place. They are engaged and getting married in November and they are very excited. At least that makes me feel a little better about leaving!)

1 comment:

  1. so it's official! i can understand how it would be hard to leave your first home. in all the hustle and bustle of moving and fixing up the new place, it's hard to find time to say "goodbye"! it's amazing how emotionally attached you can become to a place, isn't it? here's to lots of wonderful new memories!!! congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...