Friday, September 14, 2007

Kindermusik

Dylan and I started a Kindermusik class this past week. I first heard about Kindermusik from my neighbor who was planning on doing the baby class with her little girl. I looked it up on-line earlier this summer and they still had openings for Dylan's age group, which is 1 1/2 to 3 years. We're not a super music oriented family, but I figure it never hurts to have a little music in your life. I thought it would be nice too, to have something each week that Dylan and I did together, one-on-one. I feel like I spend a lot of time with my kids, but a lot of that time is with both of them together, and I want to make sure they are getting individual time too.

As we were driving to his class last week, he kept saying "I no want to go to music class," but he had fun once we got there. It's funny to watch his little personality because he's a lot like Matt and me in that he doesn't rush into new things. He definitely prefers to observe and go at his own pace. There are 12 kids and 12 moms and it was also a relief to see that Dylan is completely normal (maybe even better behaved!) when you put him in a group of toddlers/preschoolers. I think his favorite part was the "free dance" portion of the class. That boy has got some moves. I'm pretty sure sure Matt and Dylan watch MTV and have mini-dance parties more than I know.


Breaking it down in the 'Hamas with Isaac and Nicko

1 comment:

  1. i think seeing kids dancing is so funny - they get so into it and don't care what they look like! if only it stayed that way through junior high...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...