Tuesday, December 6, 2011

fitness goals {year two}


In the spirit of keeping things fresh, it's time to make some Year Two fitness goals. $20 in a jar got me through Year One, but I'm going to need some extra motivation to make it through another 52 weeks.

Year One brought us these new adventures: yoga, lap swimming, cross country skiing, a pair of 5K's, a 10K, track workouts, water aerobics, road biking, paddle boarding, hill runs, an outside-the-box mud run, and a 15K.

Year Two promises to be about continuing the adventure: pushing, strengthening, growing and refining what we learned in Year 1, as well as looking for new (crazy?) ways to stay fit and have fun.

Year Two Fitness Goals:
  • Try five new forms of exercise (including a spin class, a suspension class, indoor rock climbing...plus two others).
  • Swim 24 consecutive laps in Lake HHS (I'm up to about 12 right now but there is a lot of pausing and gasping for air between laps).
  • Master that darn flip turn. Not because I need to know how to do it, but because I want to say I can do it. And to prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks.
  • Run with our church's running group.
  • Attend a running clinic.
  • Improve my 5K and 10K times.
  • Run a race longer than a 15K. I know, right?? This is crazy talk, but I really believe this is within my reach - I'm going to start looking for a nice half marathon for 2012 (and girls, you know this means you're committed too!)
  • Complete a sprint tri.
  • Share the love - encourage other moms to get (and keep) moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...