Wednesday, February 8, 2012

40 bags in 40 days

When I first got hooked on Pinterest (28-some weeks ago...time flies when you're having fun), this '40 bags in 40 days' pin was one of my very first pins. It quickly went on my To Do pinboard along with my Year 32 list.

The idea is simple: make a list of 40 areas in your home and in 40 days, get rid of 40 bags of "stuff" from these spots. {Stuff = clutter, junk, excess, and anything else that is no longer used or needed.}

January brought with it a new year, and I thought it might be a good time to revisit this 40 bags idea. I did a little more reading on-line and found that this concept is often tied in with the Lenten calendar.

Spiritual clutter control? I'm so in.

I sent a Facebook message out to some good friends and kindred cleaning spirits and got an overwhelming, yes! let's do it! response. (Have I mentioned lately how much I love my friends??)

We started a private FB group and created and then shared our lists on-line. Some of the girls already have a great start and the rest of us are joining in on February 22, when Lent begins.

free printable by Sugar Tot Designs here

Clearing out the clutter. Finding freedom in less. Intentional living during the Lenten season. Sharing the ride through accountability and community.

40 bags in 40 days. T minus 14 days. Are you in?

13 comments:

  1. love this idea! I'm in too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EB - I added you to our FB group, I'm not sure if you saw that yet or not...

      Delete
  2. I love this!! I am going to do it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Melinda! I hope you share some photos on your 365 blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging us and our printable! Good luck with the decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know I could link up! I'm your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the link up Kaite! Hopefully we can all encourage one another! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up! I pinned your printable to Pinterest too!

      Delete
    2. thanks for letting me know about the link up, Katie. It's so inspiring to know other people are doing this, too!!! I cannot wait to get started!

      Delete
  6. Ok Katie. I've been thinking about this since I first saw your post. I know I need to start tomorrow, but I'm so in! Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inviting me...I'm linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea! My list is going to be Basement...Basement...Basement...Basement...(40 times!) I can do one bag a day, every time I go down to walk on the treadmill! Thanks for the inspiration, Katie. Maybe I can't get 40 bags, but I'll keep going until I can't get any more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...