Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{family} love mail

At our last MOPS meeting, one mom shared her idea of putting Valentine's Day love mail mailboxes up in their home. She has one for each family member, and it's a place for them to tuck away love notes, kind words, pictures, or even little treats for each other. 

I loved the idea and Dylan and Ella are at great ages because they enjoy writing notes and drawing pictures. It also seemed like a fun way to spread the love during this (sometimes) dreary, cold season. And what kid doesn't love the idea of their own personal, little mailbox (complete with a flag to raise!)?


I've been keeping my eyes open for little mailboxes and I was excited to find these little guys at Target yesterday for (get ready) $1 each!

Today I pulled out some extra black vinyl I had leftover from a previous project and cut out names and heart shapes using my friend's Cricut (decorating with stickers or even a Sharpie would work as well).


{And yes, I am still obsessed with my fabric wrapped balls}


I stumbled upon these free printable love mail cards, and we're in business. I can hardly wait for the kids to get off the bus this afternoon and start sending some love!


Linking to:
Today's Creative Blogblah2beautifulIt's Overflowing52 MantelsCherished Bliss

11 comments:

  1. Great idea to use vinyl... I may have to make my way to Tylerville to borrow that Cricut;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did they love it??? :) It is such a cute idea. Will you have them our just for V-day, or more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They loved it! I think I will just leave them out for V-day to make it more special.

      Delete
  3. Those are really cute! My kids would LOVE them!

    Thanks for sharing this @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I love it!! Thanks for linking up! Just checking, did you see my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?


    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredibly sweet idea!! I saw these cute mailboxes at Target and I almost bought a few. My daughter might be a bit young for this, but I'm tucking the idea away for future reference!! SO cute!!

    Thanks SO much for linking up!! I always love to see what you're up to over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I am going to keep my eye out for these at Target for sure :) Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were featured this week! Make sure you check it out tomorrow and link up!

    Ps.. newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Great idea. I'll be featuring these over on my blog this afternoon. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day. :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your feature:) I am your newest follower! Love your cute blog. Stay Fashionable! Love,Candy
    www.candysclothescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...