Saturday, April 25, 2009

rockin' it out

Last Tuesday, my mom and I went the Michael W. Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman concert. If you know us, that's a somewhat odd sentence that I just typed because we do a lot of things together but they generally don't include going to concerts :) My called a couple of months ago and asked me if I wanted to go and told me to get the best seats available. Seemed like a no-brainer to say sure!
It was just the right kind of concert for us - lots of songs we knew, no peer pressure to stand up the entire time :), and great music. Michael W. Smith music brings me back to my junior high-ish years...swapping my Go West Young Man tape for Katie P.'s I 2(Eye) tape in the 7th grade...making up a lip sync to "Love Crusade" at Camp Ao Wa Kiya during a junior high fall retreat...bonding and swaying through Friends...and the list goes on.
I didn't become acquanted with Steven Curtis Chapman until my college years, thanks to Matt. Pretty sure we went to one of his concerts during that time period and "I Will Be Here" was played at our wedding (I had almost forgotten that until he started playing the song...funny how two kids and 8 years will do that to you!) It's been almost a year since they lost their little girl, and I still remember waking up and hearing the news on the radio. A lot of what he shared at the concert had to do with that tragedy and how it is continuing to shape him and his family.

Amazing...just amazing...to see both of these guys on stage at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...