Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad's Day

I always knew Matt would be the best sort of dad but it's still been a blessing to watch him love our kids through the years. When he walks through the door at 6:30pm, all three kiddos make a break for him. The nightly fight is who gets to sit by Daddy at dinner. And even on nights when he's working late they always make sure to tell me as I'm tucking them in, "Send Daddy in to say good night."

In honor of Father's Day, I wanted to pull some pictures of Matt and the kids from the past 6 1/2 years. I started looking through my files and realized I have a approximately a bajillion so it took some work to narrow them down. I grabbed my favorites - the ones that I felt captured some important moments, both big and small.

The moment he first became a dad...


the joy of his first son...


 
holding a newborn daughter and realizing he was going to have to give her away...someday...


...and realizing her baby blues weren't in fact going to turn brown.


Always playing...


(even after a hard day's work...)


snuggling...


and goofing.


Flying high with his princess...


passing on Macker wisdom to his little man...


...and cherishing the baby stage one more time around.


 
AND happily sharing his birthday cakes with one...


two...


...three little ones.


Happy Father's Day, Matt.

We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Tear...those pics were adorable and precious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...