Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Katie's Book Club

I just finished reading Karin Evan's The Lost Daughters of China and I highly recommend it. The book is about the little girls in China who are given up/abandoned and is "part memoir, part travelogue, part East-West cultural commentary, and part adoption how-to." I have a special interest in Chinese adoptions for a couple of reasons: #1, my paternal grandparents were born in Shanghai (making me 50% Chinese); #2, my brother and sister-in-law are currently in the process of adopting a baby girl from China; and #3, Matt and I have always thought about adopting a child down the road, and China is near the top of the list (see points #1 & #2).

Go ahead and read it, let me know when you're done, and we'll discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...