Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Word 365 {renew}

I picked a verb last year too.

{I can't help it -- I tend to be a do-er}

2012 started out as a year of action: I was setting goals, stretching myself, conquering new territory, saying yes, taking strides, moving forward.

Truth is, I'm a tad bit weary.

This year's verb is a little different: I'm not going to be the one doing it.

It's something I'm going to allow Him to do in me.

{*deep breath*}


Renew.
Begin again, breathe new life into, bring up to date, continue, exhilarate, fix up, freshen, go over, mend, overhaul, reaffirm, reawaken, recondition, recreate, reestablish, refit, refresh, regenerate, rehabilitate, reinvigorate, rejuvenate, renovate, reopen, repair, replenish, restate, restock, restore, resume, resuscitate, retread, revitalize, revive, spruce, stimulate, transform.

My heart, my health, my half-full true self, took a beating last year.

It is time to begin again.

It is time to allow Him to wipe the slate clean. It is time for a fresh start.

I want to rethink, reestablish, reawaken what it means to be a wife, a mother, a friend, an inhabitant of this earth, an inhabitant of this body.

A daughter of the King.

I want to toss out the old ways, the things I thought I knew, the expectations.

I want to turn towards The One who is Alive, True, and Filled with Hope.

I want to hold on to His promise that He will make all things new.

{Even though hard is an understatement when it comes to a do-er letting go of the control, the action, the doing}

My hope, my prayer: transform. restore. revive. renew. 

Not by my strength, but by His.

My word. His word.
{button credit Melanie @ Only a Breath}

Psalm 51:10-12 (NIV) 
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 51:7-12 (MSG)
Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,
scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!



8 comments:

  1. In awe:) Profound. Intuitive. Amazingly perfect. Love you, and I am excited for you on this journey to let Him renew you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful word, beautiful post! Confident God will work in and through you as you find your rest and renewal in Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your word for 2013! May HIS word renew you!
    P.S You've got some seriously good writing skills. This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great word! I love that you are allowing God to do the word in you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing. I am trying to majorly limit any resolutions or challenges I take on this year, but this one seems simple and beneficial enough. I had seen a similar thing at myoneword.org - so... inspired by YOU, I have chosen my 2013 word: DRAW NEAR (okay it's 2...)
    http://myoneword.org/word/autumn7aud-draw-near/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...