Monday, August 15, 2011

365 days later...

365 days ago, I took a deep breath and started a picture-a-day blog.

I had a lot of reasons not to do it - could I keep up? could I find enough things to take pictures of? am I good enough photographer?

In the end, the yes side of my brain peer pressure won out (I owe a lot to you, T).

Sure, there are days when it's a stretch to find a picture or a pain to haul the camera out but for the most part it has been an amazing journey.

I'm a scrapbooker so usually the pictures I take are the ones that I think will make it into the scrapbook, i.e. the pretty, picture-perfect, posed shots.

This 365 project has forced me out of my comfort zone - I have taken pictures of just about anything and everything and truth be told, there are a lot of these that won't make it into the family scrapbook.

But the 365 shots that I have assembled tell a different story than what is often told in a scrapbook. These are the glimpses into our daily life, the mundane, the moments that are usually here for a moment and then lost again.

Honestly, as I scroll back through the year I get a little teary eyed to see our family's life together captured in this way.

At this one year mark, I thought it would be fun to put together my top ten shots.


8.24.10 | Our little thrill seeker. Hudsonville Fair 2010.



10.9.10 | Celebrating



10.29.10 | Finding some joy with Daddy at Epcot.



12.25.10 | Two more photo bloggers in the making?



2.28.11 | Another day of Kindergarten in the books.



2.2.11 | Groundhog Day blizzard.



3.24.11 | Mady's new trick.



4.30.11 | Opening Day.



5.22.11 Nothing better than a juicy piece of watermelon on a hot day!



6.7.11Sweet relief! Finally found a kiddie pool with a drain plug!


So, what's next? How about Day 366...

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that I cried while reading your post! It is in these moments in life that I am most thankful...when we take a step back and look at all of the "little moments" that often get overlooked. You did it, and you did an amazing job while doing it! Your picture blog tells an amazing story, and I think that is more profound than words ever could be. Congratulations...I can't wait for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I look forward to seeing which moment make the post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...