Friday, December 14, 2012

A few of my favorite things.

{Invite Inspiration}

My secret dream is to host a favorite things party.

I saw the idea on Pinterest and have been smitten with the idea ever since. Basically, you invite a handful of girlfriends over and ask them to each bring five of their favorite things within a set price limit. Then at the party, you get to share your favorites, exchange items, and everyone goes home with a bag filled with some well-loved, picked-with-care lovely little things.

Sound fun to anyone else? I thought so.

The Nester has also hosted her version of a favorite things party and she shared some new favorites over on her blog today. In the spirit of favorites, Friday, and frivolous fun, here are a few of my current favorites.


Paper Mate Flair Pens. Love these. My list-making / calendar-writing life has vastly improved since I started keeping a pot full of these (and these) on my desk. Because life is better lived in color.


7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. I'm reading this currently and it's eye-opening, life-changing, and my personal favorite: h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. I've thought about buying a whole boatload of these books and passing them out to everyone I know. But that seems excessive. So instead, I am deeply committed to sharing this book (and my copy!) with anyone who acts borderline interested in the topic.


L'Occitane Hand Cream. Dry winter hands make me bonkers. This is the hand cream dreams are made of. It's pricey but it makes your hands feel like a million bucks, so I say it's worth it.


Lindor Truffles. Theresa handed me a handful of these the other day after a particularly strenuous hill run (yes, we see the irony here and we're OK with it), and I've been enjoying them ever since. My absolute favorite, always in good taste, stay-at-home mom joke is that we sit around eat and bon bons all day. Case in point: I'm eating one as I type right now. At 10am.

Fiestaware Gusto Bowls. I *may* have bought myself new dishes on our 10th wedding anniversary. I choose Fiestaware (scarlet, cobalt, peacock & shamrock), and I love the sight of COLOR smiling back at me whenever I open our cupboards. These gusto bowls are particularly favorite pieces, and I think they would be a cheerful addition to anyone's kitchen.


Lakeshore Candle Company Candles. This is a local (West MI) company and they make the most amazing soy candles. My absolute favorite is the Apple Cider.

What would you bring to a favorite things party??


Some favorite things party inspiration: Joy's Hope // The Nester // A Place for Us

2 comments:

  1. Oh! A link up! This blog is now in my log jam:) Look for it!:)

    Laughing about the truffles! I have pulled all of the red ones for you:)

    And the pens and hand cream are now on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack's salsa, erasable colored pens, homemade (knitted) washcloths, Barefoot Pinot Grigio, and Snapfish photo albums. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...