Tuesday, October 2, 2012

#SheReadsTruth // Galatians

I just finished up a study on the book of Galatians along with the She Reads Truth community. It was a relatively short one, 15 days in all, with two weekends thrown in {Saturdays are for reviewing/re-reading the week's passages; Sundays are for committing a verse or passage to memory.}

I enjoyed this particular study because there was a devotional included with each days passage. And I know I've said it before, but reading a familiar text in a new translation {The Message} really made it come alive for me in a clear, bold, authentic way.

Galatians is a passionate letter from Paul reminding them of the true and beautiful Gospel. Here's a little peak into some of the truths discovered along the way...

 What's my goal? Popularity or following Jesus?

A central theme of Paul's letter to the Galatians: faith vs. works.
{Spoiler Alert: the answer is faith!}

Redeemed. Set free. Fully Adopted!

 Back to the basics: it all starts with love.

The Message's translation of this passage knocked my socks off.
The alternative way to live? Freely, animated & motivated by God's Spirit. 

A prayer: let us not become weary.

I love Paul's challenge here: live creatively.
The world wants us to live a certain way but God's way is so much better.



So, what's next?

If you're ready to get started with a new reading plan, the next She Reads Truth study is on Ephesians and it starts TODAY! You can find all the details on the "how" right here.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting how it says "Love, as we love ourselves". That means we need to love ourselves first! That really spoke to me because I get down on myself way too much!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...