Monday, October 4, 2010

Mini Monkey Breads

You know how you save recipes thinking "I'll try that later" and then never do? I have an entire folder devoted to this idea - and today I finally did try one out. The recipe is just a basic monkey bread recipe but you make mini ones in muffin tins instead of a big one in a Bundt pan. I cut all the ingredients in four also so I could use just one small can of biscuits - it ended up making 6 muffin sized loafs which was perfect for an after school treat.

Mini Monkey Breads (makes 6)
1 can buttermilk biscuits (7.5 oz)
1/4 C sugar (or just under)
3/4 t cinnamon
1/4 C brown sugar (or just under)
2-3 T butter

Cut each biscuit in four. Shake with cinnamon and sugar in a gallon Ziploc bag. Place biscuits inside muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full (spray bottoms first with Pam). Over the stove combine butter and brown sugar, melting the butter completely. Spoon the liquid over each muffin cup. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I made monkey bread this weekend and the kids would have loved it made this way! Now I guess I just have to make it again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...