Sunday, February 10, 2013

shoes. {Project 52}

For 112 weeks, we have been working out, day in and day out, often side by side. Sometimes we work out our backsides or our extra dessert; sometimes we work out our problems, our frustrations, our burdens.

There are days when we don't want to do the work, but I know if I don't do the work, she won't, and she knows if she doesn't do the work, I won't. So we keep on keeping on, one foot in front of the other.

And we always note as we catch our breath that we're so glad we went.

There are some things in life that are beyond priceless, and I count a reliable, hysterical workout buddy as one of them.

We motivate each other when we're feeling blah. We push each other out of our comfort zones. We extend each other grace when we need it. And perhaps most importantly, we simply show up.

When I thought of this week's Project 52 theme, shoes, I thought of the many places our feet have carried us over the past 555+ workouts, and how I never would have made it this far if I didn't have another pair of shoes plodding alongside me.


Today, in an effort to keep things fresh, we strapped on snow shoes together for the first time. It's on our Year 33 lists {Kt / T}, and we figured if you can't beat winter, you might as well join it.

And we almost didn't go because I said I thought it might rain {winter in Michigan is weird}, and she said who cares, remember how much fun we have in the rain??

In the end, it didn't rain, and we did have fun. We made some new friends, learned a thing or two about the art of snow shoeing, laughed a little, sweated a lot.

And on the drive home, we looked at each other and said, I'm so glad we went.


Walk on over to Charis Images to check out Autumn's shoes this week!

8 comments:

  1. You two are great. Glad you missed the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are beautiful and tell the amazing story of two girls who said yes. Thankful beyond words for you, your shoes alongside me and and your heart when mine is weary. I look forward to twenty years from now and we still look at each other and say, I'm so glad we went:) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to snowshoe! The rest of my family went yesterday, but I was stuck in an all-day training. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection. :)

    And, love this..."For 112 weeks, we have been working out, day in and day out, often side by side. Sometimes we work out our backsides or our extra dessert; sometimes we work out our problems, our frustrations, our burdens."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What a beautiful testimony to the power of friendship! Glad God brought you two amazing ladies together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, so impressed with your skills, your determination, and your life!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...