Friday, November 16, 2012

a {basement} in progress

Thanks to a great builder and a relatively straightforward project, the basement is humming along. I know it's much more interesting to me {I can't stop dreaming about the extra space for the children to roam free}, but here's a quick peak at the recent progress.

Don't mind the excessive use of exclamation points. Sue me. I'm excited.

We have walls! (but you already knew that)

...and permits!
(yeah, not even an exclamation point can make that sound exciting)

But pipes, how 'bout them pipes?!

...and ductwork to boot!

As well as lights...

...and the corresponding switches.

The insulation is in place...

...and the drywall is ready to go!

All of the progress has been fun to watch, but my favorite thing so far was watching the electrical go in. I was unprepared for how happy a well-lit basement would make me. Buh-bye basement eyestrain.

I think I made a decision on flooring and paint this week too. Here's to progress!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous, i wish we had a basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for awhile now and I know how exciting progress can be. We've (and when I say "we" I actually mean my husband!) been working on our basement for a year already...a little bit at a time...and I get so excited to see progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...