Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu Plan Monday | 5.21.12


This will be my last "official"
Menu Plan Monday (for now at least). These blog posts have forced me to be more mindful of my planning, shopping, and cooking, and I'm crossing my fingers that the habit has been cemented.

Last week, both new quinoa recipes were a success - we ate the quinoa and apple salad with curry dressing as a side for dinner, and I made a double batch of the pumpkin quinoa muffins and we gobbled them up (I subbed out the raisins and walnuts for chocolate chips...is that even a question??).

I cannot believe this weekend is Memorial Day weekend already. And the kids only have three weeks of school left. Eeek! I have a feeling this week is going to fly by. Here's what's on deck for us, menu-wise:

Monday
Open/Leftover's = Matt's working late
Lunch = Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad

Tuesday
Old Standby = Stamp-of-Approval Spaghetti Sauce + bread maker bread

Wednesday
Something New = Golden Chicken in Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
[life happened and I didn't end up making this newby last week]

Thursday
Crockpot = Slow-Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu

Friday/Saturday
Memorial Day Weekend = belated anniversary dinner & family time

Treat

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. I love reading your menu! But Im glad that its helping you out! We tried quinoa last week too! I was not a fan! We also tried bulgur.. and it was a little better. :)

    Yummy menu Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...