Monday, January 31, 2011

11 for 2011, month one

January is wrapping up, so it's a good time for me to check in on my 11 for 2011 (after all I don't want to become another resolution failure statistic). Some of these are going well, others need some work.

A+ work
1. Drink more water - I carry my trusty Camelbak with me everywhere and it's becoming more and more of a habit for me. My goal is to fill it to the top twice a day for a total of 48 ounces per day - a big improvement over what I was doing before.
2. Try to enjoy cooking - This is still a work in progress but I'm giving myself an A+ for the trying part. I made three new meals last week and all were successes. I'm also signing up to split a share in a local CSA this summer with my sister-in-law - this is a huge step for our family - it will force me to try cooking different things and help us to eat healthier.
8. Exercise, someway, somehow - Yes, yes, yes. So far I am breezing through this one. We just celebrated the end of week 8 with a girls' night and I'm feeling great.
9. Surround myself with less stuff. Simplify.  - If you follow this blog, you know I've been making progress on this one. Our bedroom closets are done as well as the craft closet (blog post coming soon) and I worked on the pantry this weekend as well.

Could be better, could be worse:
3. Be more intentional with my time - Depends on the day. I have moments when I use my time well and moments when I don't (see #5 below). My main focus here is to give Matt and the kids more undivided attention.
4. Invest in my home team, our families, my marriage - There have been some really great strides made in the past month, good talks, good laughs but this is one where this always room for more...the idea here is to get outside myself and give to those around me.
6. Wake up by 7am each day - Blah. I was actually doing better at this before the New Year started and then the holidays messed me up. I know that when I get up a little earlier my days go smoother but it's still hard to tell yourself that when the alarm is going off. I am up early some days but I need to be more consistent.
7. Read every day to my kids - It's amazing how this seems so easy yet it's one of those things that falls through the cracks most days. Dylan is learning to read right now so it's really important that I do this with him and Ella loves nothing more then to sit next to someone with a big stack of books and snuggle in. These are precious moments and I need to recognize that.

Room for improvement: 
5. Spend less time on Facebook - This continues to be a big time suck for me. Sometimes I want to go cold turkey but then I think that is just crazy talk.
10. Keep a prayer journal - It's been hit or miss. Will work more on the "hit".
11. Practice gratitude - I've been letting myself get swept up in the circumstances around me. I'm a half-full sort of girl but I need to be more intentional about being grateful for all the blessings around me.

What about you? How was your January?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...