Monday, December 30, 2013

twenty.thirteen: looking back.

2013 was a different sort of year.
It was a year of changing and stretching, readjusting and redefining.
It was a year of growing up and letting go.
It was hard year. It was an unexpected year.
It was a good year.

I've always been a memory-keeping, record-writing, photo-capturing sort of girl. This yearly blog post is one of the ways I like to remember, reflect,
and say good-bye to another year. 

January
Something new: Project 52.
We made a fresh set of memories in a familiar place.
I chose my one word (or perhaps more accurately, it chose me).
We wrapped up our mudroom and basement projects.
We ran out of eggs.


February
We became acquainted with Brene.
We set out to potty train #3.
We narrowly survived a very snowy, very grey sort of winter.
I finished the 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge.


March
Dylan fell in love with card collecting.
I discovered Downton.
Bunko is back!


April
Mady strode through her first bike race.
We assembled a basketball hoop.
Ella was featured in her first art show.


May
Our garage sale went viral.
We welcomed baby Jensen to the fam!
Matt started his new position as used car manager at Grand.
I fell in love with Teavana.


June
We tried to figure out how to survive summer.
Ella finished up another year of 'nastics.
We became a bunch of bike riding fools.
I cleaned out the pantry.
We enjoyed Nana and Papa's new neighborhood pool.


July
We welcomed Mason James.
We channeled our inner Shauna.
The kids completed swimming lessons (including Mady!)
We rode a camel.


August
We ventured back up the North Woods.
I completed Year 3 of my picture-a-day project.
My dear friends ran into Year 34 alongside me.
Ella learned to text.
We got away from it all during Cottage Week '13.


September
Dylan played his first season of football.
Ella cheered her first game.
Mady started preschool!
I co-chaired my first school committee.


October
Ella shopped her way through her first Birch Run weekend.
We welcomed our third new baby cousin this year, Evelyn Lynae.
Dylan and Ella finished their first Turkey Trot.
We got close enough to see Needtobreathe's socks.


November
We cheered on our Spartans towards a Rose Bowl berth.
We celebrated nine, seven, and four.
Ella got her ears pierced!
We hosted our first 'friend' birthday party.


December
My boys started their first basketball season together.
We continued to work it out.
We celebrated a healthy holiday season.
We said farewell to 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I may have to imitate you (once again). Happy 2014 to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...