Sunday, August 5, 2007

WPHS Class of '97


We went to my ten year class reunion this weekend. It was one of those things where part of you is looking forward to it and part of you is dreading it. I actually enjoyed high school, but I had lost touch with a lot of people over the years. I figured it was one of those once in a lifetime things though so off we went.

For the first hour or so, it was a complete sensory overload because I kept running into people that I hadn't seen in 10 years. People looked and acted more or less the same (no big surprises or scandals), and we ended up having a really great time (hey, it was a night out without the kids anyway). Matt was a good sport and hung out with other non-Park husbands and even danced a little.

My mom read somewhere that high school is so indelibly marked in our memories because of the way our brains are developing at that time. Seems to make sense because I can remember a lot more from high school than I can from college or even from our first few years of marraige. I guess I will forever be connected to that group of people in some strange way. We'll see what the next ten years bring...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You haven't been out 10 years! I can't believe it :) You're not that old...

    Katie and Amanda look good too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...